- StreamBase LiveView
- StreamBase CEP
- StreamBase Adapters
- Use Cases
- News & Events
StreamBase Releases StreamBase LiveView 1.0
Real-Time Analytics Platform Addresses Need to Monitor, Anticipate, and Act on Streaming Enterprise Data, Before it Enters the Data Warehouse
NEW YORK, NY (USA) — April 16, 2012 — StreamBase Systems today announces the official release of StreamBase LiveView® version 1.0, a real-time analytics platform for streaming and historical data. The platform provides a revolutionary active query capability that enables firms to analyze business events in real-time, anticipate exceptional conditions, and act on their own custom analytics – all before the data is summarized and distilled by corporate data stores.
StreamBase LiveView® can consume data from over 150 data sources, and will create an in- memory, active data warehouse of streaming real-time data. Users issue ad hoc queries to the server and LiveView registers them; but unlike historical data stores, LiveView constantly reevaluates queries as data streams into the enterprise, and pushes continuously live results and alerts to end-users. As a result, LiveView users can register hundreds of queries that anticipate important changing conditions; LiveView monitors changing conditions and alerts users when they are met. The platform enables applications such as real-time trading risk management, real-time network operations risk, real-time fraud detection, and real-time CDR (call data records) analysis and web analytics.
“StreamBase LiveView has been called “Twitter for enterprise data.” That’s an apt analogy, since it allows users to analyze, anticipate and act on streaming real-time information as it happens – BEFORE it’s summarized and distilled by a warehouse, or Hadoop,” said Mark Palmer, CEO of StreamBase. “LiveView turns the physics of traditional analytics upside down; not only can our customers see what’s going on right now – they can also anticipate important conditions before they occur, and LiveView proactively notifies them of those conditions. This way, users can take action during the day, rather than merely deciding what to do tomorrow, or next week based on history.”
The revolutionary architecture features the LiveView Continuous Query Server, with which firms configure to simultaneously monitor multiple inbound data streams, and apply their own custom analytics. These streams are then used to create Active Tables; clients register queries in the server, and, as events change and match the queries, users are immediately notified with a push-based SQL-like query mechanism. The LiveView Desktop is an end-user application that allows users to compose new queries, drill down and graph live streams, define and manage real-time alerts, and manage automated and human-driven actions.
StreamBase LiveView 1.0 includes:
- LiveView Server: Provides connectivity, active query registration, aggregation computation, cached, fully materialized views of streams (Active Tables), alert configuration and management, recoverability, fault tolerance, and management.
- LiveView Desktop: An end-user Desktop application that allows users to analyze, anticipate and act on real-time data. Users use the Desktop to create and manage desktop and mobile alerts based on customizable criteria, configure their own charts, graphs, and conditionally formatted views of LiveView Active Tables, and manage human-driven action and workflow.
- Programing APIs: Programming interfaces for custom user interface development including HTML5, .NET, and Java.
- Connectivity: Pre-built connectivity to over 150 data sources, including messaging (TIBCO Rendezvous, JMS, IBM ULLM, 29 West, AMQP), databases (HP / Vertica, Oracle, KX), social media (Twitter), analytics (MatLab, R), and domain-specific sources (market data, FIX).
- StreamBase Studio: A graphical development environment that allows IT to perform event-based data integration, custom analytic development, integration with custom code and analytics libraries (e.g., Matlab, R), and stream correlation.
Mark Palmer and Eddie Galvez, StreamBase Chief Architect will highlight the benefits of StreamBase LiveView during a private 30-minute webinar on Thursday, April 19th at 10am ET US, 3pm UK. Register now to attend.
For more information please contact:
Emily Pan, StreamBase Systems, Inc.
Tel: +1 (917) 621-2631
StreamBase provides solutions for real-time analytics. StreamBase’s products include StreamBase LiveView™ and StreamBase CEP, in addition to connectivity to over 150 data sources and an ultra-low latency FIX engine.
StreamBase CEP enables the rapid development and deployment of real-time analytical applications, with pre-built integration for streaming and historical data, visualization engines and statistical tools. StreamBase LiveView is a push-based real-time analytics solution that enables business users to analyze, anticipate and alert on important business events in real-time, and act on opportunities or threats as they occur.
StreamBase customers include CME Group, Thomson Reuters, SunGard, BM&FBOVESPA, ConvergEx Group, RBC Capital Markets, CMC Markets, Gain Capital, City Index, Linden Lab, Orbitz and BlueCrest Capital Management. The company is headquartered in Lexington, Massachusetts with offices in New York and London. In 2010, the World Economic Forum awarded StreamBase the title of Technology Pioneer. For more information, please visit www.streambase.com.